Breaking News
recent

A Song of Sixpence

For my wedding, I have to admit, following the good luck "Something old, something new. Something borrowed, something blue, and a sixpence in her shoe" adage wasn't my highest priority, although I did give it some thought.

The "something new" was really easy to check off the list, as was the "something blue" (my shoes!) I wish I could say I had some very sweet and sentimental things to meet the old and borrowed requirements, but the rather lame truth is I was satisfied with claiming my engagement ring as my something old (yeah, I'd had it for a whole year and a half.) And the borrowed bit? Well, that I never figured out, although we ended up borrowing extension cords from our neighbor at the last minute...

From The Coin Jeweler (different pair than I gave to E, but the same Etsy shop)

I did plan ahead to incorporate a sixpence into our day, but, instead of wearing one in my shoe, part of my gift to E was a pair of sixpence cufflinks. Since E loves cufflinks, I figured the groom could take part in act of bringing good luck upon the union with his attire.

I do wish I'd put more thought into the old and borrowed part, but I loved my pieces for the other three. Those of you who are married, tell me, did you do anything slightly unconventional to meet any wedding day traditions?
emplek

emplek

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style 2015